By Ryan Michad
Firearms Insider Reviews - 8 Key Points
Claim to Fame: A lightweight polymer .22 LR Semi-Automatic pistol suitable for a variety of applications.
Target Market: Trainers, plinkers, small game hunters and hikers.
F&B’s: (Features and Benefits) Key Features
- Comes with two 10-round magazines.
- Hammer Fired.
- Chambers .22 Long Rifle.
- Combination Manual Thumb Safety & Decocker.
- Adjustable Three Dot Sights (White).
- Length: 6.4 inches.
- Width: 1.29 Inches.
- Weight: 17.5 ounces.
- Ambidextrous Slide Stop & Reversible Magazine Release.
- Threaded Barrel for Suppressors.
Does it come in black? The Ruger SR-22 sports an aluminum slide and a polymer lower. It only comes in that finish.
What others are saying? “Shooting the SR22 Pistol is a real pleasure. As noted above, functioning was perfect. The magazines are very easy to load, the pistol feels good in the hand, and recoil is very light, as it is with most any 22 Long Rifle pistol. ” -Jeff Quinn, Gunblast.com Review
I need it now! Availability: These can be found at most gun shops and on Gunbroker.com
Our Rating: + The pistol runs consistently. I have shot several hundred rounds of suppressed and unsuppressed and have had total reliability. + I love that the gun is hammer fired and not striker fired like most polymer handguns. + Like most modern polymer handguns, it is very corrosion resistant. + It comes with two 10 round magazines. + The barrel is threaded which makes attaching a suppressor easy. + The sights are high enough to clear most .22 Suppressors.
- I don’t care for the ambidextrous safety/decocker. - In order to use the threaded barrel, you need an attachment. The attachment is sold separately.
Score: 8.5 Great!!!
Ryan Michad’s Links Handgun Radio