Beretta is one of the oldest gun makers in the world and I think the experience shows in this pistol. I’ve never had a FTF, FTE, or any kind of complications. Other than the things I don’t like listed below, I can’t complain. The stipling issue was easily overcome by using automotive grip tape, similar to that on skateboards. It can be found at Walmart and many hardware stores, and tutorials on how to apply it can be found on youtube. The take down and cleaning of it are easy as well. Beretta says they’ve used their experience with the M9 in sandy environments to produce a better functioning firearm. Unlike other manufacturers who crank out a new model every year they took their time to produce this masterpiece. Although it has some shortcomings, no product is perfect. It is a very reliable and accurate firearm that is great for conceal or open carry. I think this is one quality gun that I won’t be switching away from for a long time.
Firearms Insider Reviews - 8 Key Points
Claim to Fame: Capacity, durability, controllability.
Target Market: Duty carry, home defense, concealed carry.
FNBs (Features & Benefits of this product)
- Polymer frame.
- Ambidextrous safety/decocker(Type F) and slide stop lever.
- DA/SA .
- 10, 15, 17 and 20 round magazines(9mm).
- Can change the magazine release to the other side.
- Different backstraps.
- Integral/retractable lanyard loop.
- Accessory rail.
- Easy to take down.
- Rotary barrel system to reduce recoil.
- Available in 9mm and 40 S&W.
Does it come in black? (What aesthetic options are there?) It only comes in black.
What others are saying? “Carried a Kimber Stainless ultra Carry II, now its the Px4 Storm compact” Beretta
Price point (MSRP versus actual retail)
Our Rating + The finish is semi matte. + It’s easy to conceal carry. + It doesn’t catch on my clothing. + Fits great in my hand. + Different backstraps to fit different hand sizes. + Nice slide serrations.
- At 27.3 oz empty weight it feels a little on the heavy side. - The finish has worn off in spots because of holster wear. - The side grip stippling was lacking. - You have to disengage the safety, adding time until you can fire it.
Score 8.5 Great!
To hear more about this and other gear go check out the Firearms Radio Networks new show Firearms Insider Gun & Gear Review Podcast.