Firearms Insider Reviews – 8 Key Points
Claim to Fame: The Force Recon Tactical Rings feature a built in level housed into the rear scope ring, assuring a perfect parallel which is essential for long range shooting.
Target Market: Long range rifle shooters
FNBs (Features & Benefits of this product):
- Ring Bore Diameter 30mm with tolerances +/-.001"
- USA Mills Billet 7075 T-6 Aircraft Aluminum
- Black Anodize Mill Spec 8625 Type 3 Hardcoat
- Rings are matched within .002"
- 6 Cap Screws (USA 8-40)
- 2 Clamp Screws (USA 10-24 SHC Grade 8)
- 2 Clamp guide Rails: (USA .125 Precision dowel pins)
What other aesthetic options or finishes are available?: Black, 30 & 34mm diameter
What others are saying?: "While field testing, we found the bubble easy enough to see while sighting through the scope. Under very low light conditions, it took a little more effort to focus on the reference lines, most likely because the level isn’t exposed to any light from the top or bottom of the ring. At any rate, it didn’t interfere with the ability to make accurate long range shots at last light. In conclusion, if you’re looking for a set of very high quality rings for your long range rig, you owe it to yourself to check these out. The price point is comparable to other quality rings that require the additional purchase of an add-on bubble level. You can purchase the the Force Recon Tactical Scope Rings here: Xtreme Hardcore Gear." Rockslide Blog
"I mounted each ring on my Badger scope rail and then did an alignment check with a 34mm lapping bar. Then I checked the alignment with a set of scope alignment bars and they were Dead On. The rings mounted Rock Solid and look Great. The level is calibrated perfect and there is no issues with these rings. These rings are of Excellent quality and I would highly reccomend these for any Tactical build. I like the fact that they are the lowest available for a 34mm scope. At .900" height they put my eye right on with my McMillan A5 stock." Sniper's Hide Review
- Level verifies action/bore and scope are perpendicular with ground / shooting rest is level.
- Less play forward/aft on picatinny rail before screw full torqued
- Base clamp rides on stainless steel guide rails keeping the clamp perfectly aligned
- 6 Torx bolts make a good solid mount
- Rings and caps radiused on both sides to eliminate any marring or sharp contact points
- Clamp Screws used as crossbolt (some folks don't like this)
- Bubble location makes visibility difficult in low light
Score: 8.5 Great
For FFL services I choose Promised Land Firearms in Toulon, IL.