I bought these sights to put on a Glock 22 that had the standard Glock sights on it. I personally don’t care for the “Goalpost” rear sight that Glock uses. I was looking for a sight that had a larger front dot to help in quicker front sight post acquisition. It came down to the Trijicon HD Night Sights or the XS Sights Big Dot. Since I already have 3 dot sights on my other Glocks, I decided to go with the Trijicons, as they also have a three dot set up. That is verses the XS sights that use a lollypop sighting system. I felt that consistency throughout my handguns is important, so that no matter which one my wife or I grab, the sight picture will be as similar as possible.
Upon taking my Glock to the range, I found that the sights were just what I was looking for. As soon as I snapped it up on target my eyes were drawn to the front sight post like the mainstream media to a smooth talking liberal. Well maybe not quite like that, I didn’t get weak in the knees, and start drooling. As I continued to shoot, I found that they weren't the most accurate sights I had shot. However, they served the purpose that I had gotten them for. As a “combat” sight I feel that they are right on the money. As for competition, I feel that they would be more than capable of allowing you to run and gun quickly. So for competitions that speed is the key (ie: most three gun matches) I feel they would be great. The rear sight is strong enough to aid in single handed slide manipulations. In the future, I plan on putting these sights on other handguns I get.
Firearms Insider Reviews - 8 Key Points
Claim to Fame: The large front sight dot that allows for quick sight acquisition. The three dot design allows for a sight picture that most people are used to.
Target Market: Anyone looking for a fast acquisition combat sight.
FNBs (Features & Benefits of this product):
- Metal Body
- Tritium-Phosphor inserts
- sapphire window that helps evenly distribute Tritium's light
- Silicone Rubber cushion
- Protective clear coat and high visibility colored front sight post
- “U” notch rear sight
- subdued rear sight allows the shooter to more easily focus on the front sight
What other aesthetic options or finishes are available?: There are two options for the front sight color. They come with either a yellow or orange front dot.
What others are saying?:
- OpticsPlanet (Bob’s Review) In over 35 years training civilian and LE officers with firearms, I have used many different notch sites. The trijicon hd is without a doubt the best I have ever used. The large U on the rear site makes acquiring the large (yellow) front site extremely fast . I have them on every Glock I own.
- Review on the Bang Switch: http://www.thebangswitch.com/trijicon-hd-night-sights/
- Fast front sight acquisition
- easy to shoot fast and make first shot hits at defensive ranges
- Easy installation
- Not as accurate as other sight options
Score: 9 Amazing
The only thing I could really mark these sight down on is the cost. They are super fast to acquire, and get on target.