I was searching for a good range bag a while back, as my old duffle bag had given up on me. So, I went searching the web for something that would meet my criteria. What I found was the MidwayUSA Competition Range bag. During my search, I ran into a number of range bags, but most if them were too small for my taste. The Midway bag had almost everything I wanted. It is very large, which allows me to keep all my range goodies in one spot. It comes with a removable padded carrying strap. It has lots of different zippered compartments, 8 of different sizes plus 1 main compartment. Some of the larger ones even contain pockets inside of them. In the large side pocket, there are holders for 8 pistol magazines and 12 elastic holders for pens, cleaning rods, etc. Now, for the really good stuff. Inside the vast main double zippered compartment is a handled carry bag, which has its own zippered storage and padded hook & loop separators. You can use this handy little bag for ammo and supplies. It, basically, gives you the ability to leave the heavy bag in your vehicle and just carry what you really need for the shooting session. I use this little bag for carrying ammo and magazines at matches where I have to go from stage to stage. The other nice feature about the range bag is that it comes with a matching bag to put brass in. It also comes with 2 padded pistol pouches. These pouches are quite large, also, and can fit full size handguns without any problems.
The only thing I don't like about the pistol rugs is that they are fairly flimsy and not padded enough. The zippers are double stitched, and some of them have a round zipper pull to aid in using them. Overall, I am very pleased with this range bag. It stores all of my range goodies, plus an extra kitchen sink.
Claim to Fame: Large Range Bag with lots of storage pockets
Target Market: Anyone looking for a good range bag
FNBs (Features & Benefits of this product):
- Length: 22"
- Width: 15"
- Height: 10"
- Main Compartment: 17" x 10" x 10"2 removable padded pistol rugs with zippers 8-½" H x 12" W fit most large frame semi-auto pistols and revolvers with barrels up to 6"
- Removable stage bag/ammunition carrier with carrying handles for portability 15" L x 5" W x7-½"H
- Front: 2 Padded zippered pockets (8" L x 2" W x 8" H)
- Rear: 8" x 2" x 16"8 magazine pouchesInternal padded pocket 8" x 15.5"
- Shoulder Carry Strap: 2" W x 52" L removable carrying strap with shoulder pad
- Carry Handles: Wraparound with hook & loop closure
- Removable stage bag/ammunition carrier features:2 Padded zippered pockets (7-½" H x 15" L)2 Padded moveable hook and loop equiped compartment walls2 Chrome plated steel D-rings for quick attachment of the carry strapFull wrap-around nylon handles2 removable padded pistol rugs features:8.5" x 12" will fit most large frame semi-auto pistols and revolvers with barrels up to 6"
- 9 Pockets
- Material: PVC Coated Polyester
- Capacity: 2404 C.I.
What other aesthetic options or finishes are available?: Black, Grey, Coyote, and Olive Drab (MultiCam not available anymore)
What others are saying?:
- From MidwayUSA: by Terry in Mount Sterling, KY. 5 out 5 stars: Roomy, nice compartments, lots of storage, sturdy, practical, not sure what else you would want in a range bag.
- From Thetruthaboutguns.com: by Nathan Shonts. 4 or 5 out 5 stars: Useability: * * * * Flexible, practical design with more pockets than I know what to do with. Value: * * * * * At its $45 sale price, this well-made bag is a fantastic bargain. At its “normal” price of $80, it’s still nice. Overall: * * * *(*) At $45 it’s a great value and gets all five stars. At the $80 full price, still a solid four stars. Either way, you won’t regret it.
I need it now! Availability: MidwayUSA
- Number of pockets (9)
- Comes with 2 pistol pouches
- Removable ammunition/storage bag
- Double stitching on zippers
- Brass bag
- Padded Carry strap
- Built in magazine pouches
- Flimsy pistol pouches
- Heavy, especially when loaded with all your stuff
Score: 8.0 Great
Chad's Links: Saddle Butte Machinegun Shoot