Firearms Insider Reviews – 8 Key Points
Claim to Fame: Designed to offer the fine-tuned, customized feel of a precision target stock on a modern sporting rifle.
Target Market: AR-15, AR-10, FAL, or HK 91 owners
FNBs (Features & Benefits of this product):
- Mounts to rifle-length receiver extension tube without A2 spacer
- Enhanced strength aluminum butt-plate withstands severe impact and recoil up to .50 BMG
- Rubber butt-pad provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage
- Machined aluminum adjustment knobs with positive locking click detents
- Black, hardened, solid steel adjustment shafts finished with a ferritic nitrocarburizing process
- All aluminum components finished with MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2 hard anodizing
- Stout construction provides extra weight for improved weapon balance and stability
- Bottom Picatinny-type rail with removable cover for use with a monopod
- Sling Mounts: Front/Rear - 1.25" aluminum sling loops (left-right reversible)
- Weight: 1.68 lb
- Length, Max: 10.45-11.45" - LOP Adjustment: ~39 Clicks (0.026"/click) • LOP Adjustment Range: 1.00"
- LOP Min: ~13.3" / LOP Max: ~14.3"
- Cheek Height Adjustment: ~29 Clicks (0.026"/click)
- Cheek Height Adjustment Range: 0.75"
What other aesthetic options or finishes are available?: Black, FDE, OD Green, Foliage Green, Stealth Grey
Optional PRS Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.80" adds 0.50 in. LOP and 0.07 lb. vs. standard pad. Butt-pads are only for use with PRS AR15/M16 and PRS AR10/SR25 models. ** Specifications based on factory configuration.
"Only thing I would caution people of is the cheek piece will not benefit you if you shoot nose-to-charging-handle. This is needed to allow for proper function of the charging handle. I am 5'10", medium built and have the butt extended most of the way out for a comfortable prone shooting position with my cheek on the front edge of the cheekpiece." Brownells Customer Review
"In one sentence. - perfect cheek weld. But for those that would like more detail: If you are looking for a drop in, precision-adjustable butt stock for AR rifles with A1/A2 fixed stocks I'd not hesitate to recommend this one based on my experience with one I purchased 2 years ago. There are a lot of different accessories for the AR15 series firearms, and though I wasn't wanting to put together "frankengun", I did want a stock that had a means of adjusting the length of stuck as well as comb height for the perfect alignment of my site choice, which was an EOTech.
Every shooter is physically built differently, male or female. I'm as tall as many guys, but my arm length doesn't compare and my shoulders show my more delicate bone structure. So adding something like the Magpul PRS is well worth it if you have other than normal length arms, neck or sighting requirements. Compared to the A2 stock, the PRS can shorten LOP (length of pull) by .25" or extend it by .75" as well as provide three-quarters of an inch of comb height adjustment.(the height so that when you plant your cheek onto the stock, your eye is lined up just where it needs to be to line up with the reticle.)" Mausers and Muffins Review
- MSRP = $255.00
- Retail = $218.00
I need it now! Availability: Brownells, and most local gun shops or outdoor stores.
- Very robust construction and solid weight
- Easy Installation
- Weight helps balance longer / heavier profile barrels
- Shorter LOP than the A2 fixed stock when buttplate is fully contracted
- Positive clicks of cheek rest and buttpad adjustment wheels (newer versions have more thread pitch for larger movement per rotation)
- Discreet polymer rail on underside for monopods, covers up when not in use
- Multiple sling mounting options
- QD Sling Swivel or Swivel Stud screw sold seperately
- Check weld surface position farther back, may affect eye relief
- Not directional marking to let you know which way is up/down for cheek weld, in/out for buttplate.
Score: 9.0 Amazing
For FFL services I choose Promised Land Firearms in Toulon, IL.