What can I say about the BLACKHAWK! Hellstorm Special Operations Goggles except that they are amazing. BLACKHAWK! quality and durability shine through once again on these goggles. Pair all that with the budget friendly price point and you have a winning product all around. I have put these goggles through their riggers both on the job and off. In February of 2014, the north-east was hit with a big snow storm. I wore these goggles snow blowing thinking that the combination of my body heat and moisture would surely fog them up. I was wrong. Blackhawk's upper/lower ventilation along with the anti-fog lenses worked exactly as designed and I had perfect vision the entire time. My only complaint about the goggles is a minor one. As you can see in the pic below, the head strap is a bit wide. Depending on how you position the strap around you head, the strap can feel a bit odd around your ears area.
Firearms Insider Reviews - 8 Key Points
Target Market: Military, LE Officers and the tactically prepared.
FNB's: (Features and Benefits of this product)
- Upper/lower ventilation
- Anti-fog impregnated acetate inner lens
- Micro-cellular foam for comfort
- Lean design won't interfere with helmets/headgear
- Dual-pane lens for max anti-fog protection
- Meets world wide safety standards (ANSI Z80.3, AS 1067 and EN 1836
- 99.9% UVA, UVB and infrared protection
- Shatterproof polycarbonate outer lens
- Constructed of durable, flexible, soft urethane
What other aesthetic options or finishes are available?: Black is the only color choice for the goggles, but the lenses are offered in different colors. BLACKHAWK!
I need it now! Availability: Readily available online at stores like Optics Planet, Amazon and or Blackhawk.
+ Anti-fog lenses + Upper/lower ventilation + Soft micro-cellular foam is comfy
- Head strap is wide, just felt a bit odd around the ear area
Jared prefers Simon Peter Sport Company for all his FFL needs.