The BLACKHAWK! Omega Vest Cross Draw/Pistol Mag is an outstanding product. Besides Blackhawk's legendary attention to quality and durability, is the ability of the user to custom fit this vest to their needs. From the shoulders to the girth, you can adjust this vest just the way you see fit. As you can see in the picture above, you have 4 pistol mag holders all adjustable to the size of your mags. There 3 above the attached holster and 1 on the holster. You can't really see in the picture, but in each one I had a Glock 19 magazine. The holster itself is nothing too fancy, but has an adjustable back-strap with a clip to hold your pistol in place. Also attached to the vest are 3 rifle magazine holders. Each of these holders are also adjustable and will secure the mags with ease. I read a review that these magazine holders were designed to hold 2 each, but I really don't see how that is possible. I attempted to put 2 mags in each holder and it was a tight squeeze to say the least. Above the rifle magazine holders is a catch all pouch with Velcro on the outside for patches. Use this pouch to hold keys, cell phone, compass, etc.. As you can see, I dressed mine up with a Velcro flag patch. D rings and padded shoulders work great. I wore this vest and shot 100 rounds of 12 gauge shotgun with no bruising at all. Inside the vest are 2 zippered pockets, 2 open top pockets and 1 large pocket on the back to hold a bladder bag. My only complaint about this vest lies in the fact that the MOLLE webbing is only located on the back.
Firearms Insider Reviews - 8 Key Points
Claim to Fame: High quality and durability.
FNB's: (Features and Benefits of this product)
- Exterior MOLLE webbing
- 2 large interior zippered pouches
- Interior pocket for Blackhawk Hydration System
- Heavy-duty nylon mesh for maximum breathability
- Adjustable for length and girth for a custom fit
- #10 YKK zippers and side-release buckles
- Belt loops secure vest to any web belt
- Cross-draw holster secured by an adjustable side-release buckle
- 4 pistol magazine pouches with adjustable flaps for tall or short mags
- 3 rifle magazine pouches
- 1 horizontal accessory pouch
- Padded HawkTek Sniper Shoulder for a fully ambidextrous vest
What other aesthetic options or finishes are available?: This vest is available in black, coyote tan and olive drab.
- OpticsPlanet reviewers are giving this 4.7 out of 5 stars
- Amazon reviewers are giving this 4.5 out of 5 stars
I need it now! Availability: Readily available online at stores like Optics Planet, Amazon and or Blackhawk.
+ Extremely durable + Fully adjustable for a custom fit + Budget friendly + Pistol magazine pouches are adjustable + Nylon mesh is breathable + Big zippered interior pockets + Blackhawk Hydration pocket
- MOLLE Webbing on backside only
Jared prefers Simon Peter Sport Company for all his FFL needs.