For a Do-It-Yourself Gunsmith or an actually professional, the Apex Tactical Armorers Block & Tooling Plate comes in handy for supporting Smith & Wesson M&P or Glock pistols for disassembly and modification. While not entirely necessary for taking down a pistol for cleaning or certain modifications, its a great support when a hammer and punch is called for. I also found the reversibility of the block to also be hand for reassembly, or even just stippling the frame one side at a time.
I would recommend both the Armorers Block and Tooling Plate to anyone taking an armorer's course, or interested in adding some new internal parts to their Glock or M&P pistol.
Firearms Insider Reviews - 8 Key Points
Claim to Fame: The Apex Polymer Armorer's Block and Tooling Plate provide a raised surface for you to work on your M&P and Glock Pistols.
Target Market: Law Enforcement, competition shooters, and individuals who own a S&W M&P
FNBs (Features & Benefits of this product):
- Supports S&W or Glock pistols for armory work and detail disassembly
- Pre-positioned bosses, slots and holes remove pressure from critical function surfaces while pins are driven in and out
- Thumb Safety and Magazine disconnect drop into holes and slots to prevent damage no matter what position they are in
- High Density Polymer construction prevents marring of the frame while driving pins in and out
- Retaining slots on each side of the block hold the striker
- One side of the block is for the 45 striker, and the other is for the 9/40/357 striker.
- Moveable bosses are easily adjustable to position frames quickly and easily
- Raised walls on each side of the block position the trigger bar within the trigger to easy trigger swappin
- Made in The USA
- Instruction videos are available here.
What other aesthetic options or finishes are available?: N/A
What others are saying?: "Whomever dreamed this up is a genius. It is great when you need to remove pins, and it is even better when you want to replace a striker spring, which had always been a particular pain in the neck for me because it required either a third hand or some field expedient for one. This block is even better than a third hand. " -Lawrence Plasek, Apex Tactical Website Review
Retail = Same price on Brownells
- Bosses are finger tightened and no tools necessary to adjust
- Magnet "donut" in core of tray helps capture rogue pins or springs
- Works for most Polymer pistols including M&Ps and Glocks
- Wish the Armorer's Block and Tray/Punch were a set
- Roll pin punch not suited for all pin punching tasks, a taper or flat tip punch would also be helpful with some Apex parts
For FFL services I choose Promised Land Firearms in Toulon, IL.
Gun & Gear Review Podcast link
Graphic Design and Web Design services www.hunterofdesign.com